How to clean and disinfect your wheelie bin
Your wheelie bin can be a hotbed for bacteria. Let’s look at how Dettol can help you to keep it hygienically clean.
Here’s what you need:
- Gloves (optional)
- A Disinfectant Cleaner like Dettol Disinfectant Spray
- A Disinfectant liquid
- A hose, pressure washer or warm water in a bucket
- Spray the outside, paying attention to areas that come into hand contact (lid, rim, and handle) with Dettol Disinfectant Spray
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Pour a measure of Dettol Disinfectant liquid into the base
- Rinse clean, with a hose, pressure cleaner, or wet sponge.
Always make sure you place rubbish into your kitchen and wheelie bin, inside a black bin liner – not directly into the bin. Likewise, ensure your wheelie bin has a lid, to keep odour at bay.