How to clean your kitchen counters and bins effectively
Here are our top tips to keep your kitchen and bins clean and disinfected
The heart of a home is often said to be the kitchen. It’s also a place where germs can easily gather. Maintaining a home that is clean and hygienic requires you to make sure your kitchen – and bins – are regularly taken care of. We’ll tell you how – follow this routine as and when required.
- Spray surfaces with an antibacterial cleaner, like Dettol Antibacterial Surface Disinfectant.
- Wipe down cabinet doors, backsplashes, counters, and walls with a cleaning cloth.
- Don’t forget to clean the crevices such as around the sink and faucet.
- Clean your kitchen stove with a degreasing cleaner that is tough on grease, grime and burnt-on food. Take out the burners and clean them separately with soap and water.
- Disinfect your kitchen stove controls.
- Disinfect your refrigerator when required.
- Empty appliances.
- Wipe the exterior and interior with an antibacterial wipe.
- Take the bin out regularly.
- Always use a bin with a lid.
- To combat smells, spray the empty bin with a fragranced antibacterial cleaner to kill bacteria and leave a fresh fragrance behind.
- Replace the bin liner.
Now that your kitchen is taken care of, find out how you can keep the rest of your home clean here.
*Use biocides safely. Always read the label and product information before use.