One child dies of diarrhoea every minute. These deaths can be prevented with a simple act of handwashing. Please spread the message and help save millions of lives.
You do everything you can to protect your child
You teach them little healthy habits
But every minute around the world, a parent loses a child to a preventable disease such as diarrhoea.
The Simple Solution: Hand Washing with Soap
Even though hand washing is part of our daily routine, we quite often don't get it right. Did you know that the CDC (Centres for Disease Control and Prevention) recommends that one should spend at least 20 seconds scrubbing his or her hands with soap?
As part of the Global Hand Washing Day campaign, we are on a mission to spread awareness about the importance of hand washing with soap, and drive habit change especially among young children.
“The number of deaths of children each year from infectious diseases, such as diarrhoea, are still considerable and represent a significant global crisis. However, the good news is that diarrhoea is preventable, and good hand hygiene practices are one of the simplest measures we can all take to help protect ourselves and our families. Simply hand washing with an effective soap at key times, such as after going to the toilet, and before eating, can go a long way in breaking the chain of infection and preventing these unnecessary deaths.”
Professor John Oxford, Chairman of the Global Hygiene Council
Participate to Give Life A Hand
This Global Handwashing Day, a letter will have the power to save a life.
A letter for life that brings soap in the hands of a child and breaks the chain of infection.
Through a fun and simple-to-do home activity, your kids can send soap in the form of a letter to countless children helping them live healthier lives.
Let’s inspire our children to share the protection of soap with those who don’t have access to any.
More than a million children need soap. Every letter sent will make a difference.
Click here to know how your child can give life a hand by sending a Letter for Life.
Once your letter is dry, kindly send your letter to:
1. Poroshmoni Shikkha Academy, Kishorgonj, Pakundia, Contact: Sirajul Haq, 01736073745
2. Nandipara Primary School Dhaka, Nandipara Golabari Bridge, Contact: Mr. Shibnath, 01711642622
3. Shohagh Shopnodhara School Dhaka, Mirpur, Rupnagar, Contact: Sagorika didi - 01914494682
4. Shiberbazar Govt. Primary School Kurigram, Fulbari, Contact: A. Khaleque, - 01714605044
5. Gongarhat Govt. Primary School Kurigram, Fulbari, Contact: Jannatul Ferdause, - 01745295789
6. Balatari Govt. Primary School Kurigram, Nowdanga, Fulbari, Contact: Md.Jaidul Haque - 01712800200
7. Char Dhaniram Govt. primary school Kurigram, Fulbari, Contact: Krishna Ranjan Roy - 01716307985
8. Kalarmarchora Govt. Primary School Moheshkhali Village- Kalarmarchora, Contact: Amanullah, -01815576603
9. 126, Malancha Shishu Kalyan Govt. Primary School, Jamalpur Village- Malancho, P.O- Melandah, Contact: Mokseda Akter, -01725914703
10. 7 no Dighaliya Dakkhin Govt. Primary School Dighaliya (p.o,village) Khulna, Contact: MD. Siddikur, -01721687656
Click & upload a picture with #LetterForLife to help spread the message and show your support!
Let’s celebrate Global Handwashing Day, and give life a hand.